The University of the Free State (UFS) Department of Agricultural Economics
Why Agricultural Economics?
- Our internationally recognised programme prepares students for careers with a professional, competitive salary.
- Our students are sought after throughout the world in agriculture and the business environment and are a popular choice when it comes to work opportunities.
- Exchange programmes present exciting opportunities for students to study at selected overseas universities.
- We have a rich tradition built upon excellence and established values.
- We are accessible and centrally located in an area that reflects the biggest part of the agricultural sector of Southern Africa.
- A pulsating student life and popular residences allow students to participate in sport, cultural and religious activities, student fun and training-orientated excursions and projects.
The Department is committed to:
- Improving the welfare of the community by impartial applied economic problem-solving.
- To continuously improve the human capital of our students and staff.
- Excellence in public and private endeavours.
- The creation of a feeling of communality by continuous recognition of diversity and devotion to an uncompromising level of inclusivity.
- Importing and Exporting
- Irrigation Management
- Co-op Management
- Agricultural Management
- Human Resources Management
- Research and Development
This is why Kovsies must be your number one choice!
The Department is in the privileged position to have as its staff component internationally recognised researchers on issues relevant to the challenges that agriculturists face from an economic point of view. This expertise is organised in several centers of excellence.
Prof. Johan Willemse